Tuesday 4 May 2010

How my CD cover follows forms and conventions of Owl City's previous CD covers

After analysising 4 of Owl City's previous CD covers, I found some common characteristics, here are some of the conventions I adhered to:

* The artist is never on the front cover - Owl City only ever have images of objects, never the band. This is rare in the music industry as they are trying to sell a brand image. This was good news to me, as my video was concept based and had no people in it, I didn't need to put the artist on the front
* Their CD covers are always colourful and I have stuck to this convention as I have used toy cars in bright yellow and green, the font of the main text is also in bright green.
* Most of their covers have a bright white background, with an image within the page - normally with enhanced brightness and contrast - this is what I did with my image, I used photoshop to enhance the brightness and contrast to make more of a stylised image.
* The Artists name is ALWAYS bigger than the track name, which I also stuck to and the track name is normally underneath the artists name which I have also done on my front cover.
* Their images always convey a sense of happiness and youth - My image definatly portrays this by using the toys and using bright colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment