Tuesday 4 May 2010

3 possible designs for my CD cover

1st Design:
This is my first idea for my CD cover,seeing as I used the magnetic letters throughout my video to spell out specific lyrics, I thought it would look good if I tried this out for my CD cover. I really like this idea but It doesn't stick to the common forms and conventions of Owl City's previous music videos at all.


















2nd Design:
I really like this idea of using the toy racetrack on my CD cover, this was a main toy throughout my video so is intertextualy linked to my main media product, although I like the concept i don't think it looks as good as the other two designs. However this design is the most similar to Owl City's previous CD covers and follows their forms and conventions closely.


















3rd Design:
I think this design looks the best out of all three, but only because it is really colourful image, but when I actually take the photos I don't think it will look as dynamic as the other two designs. Plus I don't think it has a clear relationship with the music video, not as much as the other two designs do.



















After looking at all three designs, I like the idea of using my 1st design the most, but I am going to take pictures for all three and see if this design still works best as an image rather than a drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment