Tuesday 4 May 2010

Chosen CD cover

After looking at my 3 possible designs for my CD cover I decided upon using my 2nd design as my final CD cover. I chose this design for a few reasons:

1. I felt that it followed the common forms and conventions of Owl City's previous CD covers much better than my other 2 designs as the font used for the title was similar and the use of a bright white background with a focus image is often used in Owl City's work.
2. It appeared the most dynamtic, by continuing the racetrack onto the back cover looked really professional and much more interesting to look at.
3. Although the picture of a toy racetrack doesn't refer directly to the title of the song, if fits perfectly with the video as this was one of the main toys used within the video and also from the angle the photo will be taken from it appears like a hot air balloon is flying over a town.
4. I liked the stylised image in the centre of the page rather than the other designs which featured the whole image as the background rather than white with an image in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment