Thursday 29 April 2010

Results from audience feedback questionnaire

After handing out my questionnaires I made some pie chart graphs of some of the questions to make it easy to see how many people had said what, and what effect this had on my media product.

I wanted my focus group to reflect my real target audience seeing as my main target audience were mainly females aged between 14-25 i choose of my focus group to fit this criteria, even though it is aimed mainly at females Owl City do have some male fans so I had 3 males to give me a better idea of thoughts.




This graph shows what type of genre my focus group mainly listened to, from the graph its clear that not all of my focus group listen majorly to electropop music, this is good because if they still take the dominant reading from my text but don't normally watch these sort of videos I will know that my media product has been recieved well by people outside of my typical target audience.

This graph shows how people understood the relationship between music and visuals, I created this question to suggest the 4 types of reading in the encoder/decoder model, from this graph I can tell that all but one of my focus group took the dominant meaning from the relationship between visuals and music and that the other person took the negociated view, which is really good. I also asked if people understood the relationship between visuals and lyrics and this got 100% of my focus group saying the completley understood, again showing that all my focus group took the dominant reading of my media text.


I asked this question to see what people found most entertaining from a music video to see if this particular section of my music video worked well,61% of my focus group found the setting really important to a successful music video. I found that from my previous focus groups that feedback on my mise-en-scene was extremely positive and helped me reach the dominant reading from the decoder.

I also asked if my focus group if they thought my media text fulfiled its purpose as a successful music video, all of my focus group answered yes to this,so im glad that people who would be within my target audience all took the dominant reading of my media text and felt it worked well as a successful music video

No comments:

Post a Comment